Saturday, June 16, 2012

~ A Day at Dad's ~

Day two with the family, and I am continuing to have a great time visiting and eating ;-) My son and I spent the day with my dad, stepmom, and sister. I had actually met my deadline making April's quilt, which fortunately, she loved. I spent most of the morning trying to take the perfect picture of her quilt...I have GOT to improve my photography skills.









While I was busy snapping pictures, my son and baby sister were busy with their own project...making  hemp bracelets and various accessories.



.
Although my sister had to leave early, Kyle continued working
All.Day.Long!




Kyle had worked so hard, we had to take another quick trip to the beach to collect more shells.





Once back at Dad's, Kyle continued with his project.






While Kyle was working, I was enjoying the rare opportunity to take pictures of him (Kyle HATES to have his picture taken). I assured him that none of his friends were likely to visit my blog ;-)

Dad was busy grilling...



...although he did take a moment to check out Kyle's project.


Our day ended with a fabulous supper of grilled shrimp and veggies



followed by a delicious dessert of fresh blueberries, strawberries, whipped cream, and pound cake.


What a great time spent with family, even though the time always goes by way too fast!!!

Thanks, as always, for visiting my blog!

~ Michelle ~




4 comments:

  1. Michelle, I LOVE all these pictures!!! Kyle should let you take his picture more often. So glad you got some more outdoor shots of April's quilt. It's beautiful. So disappointed I missed out on all the family fun....especially the grilled shrimp and dessert ;-) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with you. Your photography skills are excellent. I am so glad that you had a good visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad and April look great! Glad you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photography skills are just fine. Looks like a fantastic day. This post was not good for my diet. :-) (she said as she ran to the kitchen)

    ReplyDelete