Monday, September 29, 2014

Choose Your Own BlockAlong 9/29/2014

Welcome to another week of the Choose Your Own BlockAlong. I am really excited about this week's blocks! I think I hinted last week that I may be using only Cotton + Steel for my City Sampler. It makes perfect sense, as I am totally in love with this collection (I feel almost stalkerish...haha). But it also makes sense as all the lines from the collection coordinate so well with each other. 

My first block is actually a repeat. No. 100 was the first block I made, and I loved it. But, at the time, I was not planning an all C + S quilt, so I had used another one of my favorite fabrics. Here is my do-over:



No. 100


My second block of the week:


No. 53


And my third block of the week:


No. 82


I am now up to nine blocks,


and boy am I excited about where this quilt is going!!

I have actually started taking notes of my quilt (a first for me) to help me stay organized. I still haven't decided on a layout. This may be a problem, as the layout/assembly involves choosing colors, which I really haven't thought about yet. I've been having too much fun playing with my C + S ;-)))) 

Don't forget to check out the blocks that Rene' and Cindy have made this week. I know they will be amazing!! 

And if you are on IG, we'd love for you to join the fun there! You can find us at @frustratedquilter, @renecreates, and @liveacolorfullife. Be sure and hashtag the blocks you are working on
#chooseyourownblockalong

Thanks, as always, for visiting my blog!!

~ Michelle ~

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you're excited about your quilt! Your blocks are wonderful, and I love that you are going with your favorite Cotton and Steel fabrics. All three blocks are beautiful, but am I weird to say my favorite is the basic nine patch??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like where this is going too--it is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete